Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

12 Months to a Better Me

Each month shall be dedicated to a new area of my life. By December 2010, I will be a better me. I will blog about my plans on the first of every month, and recap what happened at the end of each month. Hopefully I will continue my changes every month and by December I will have changed the way I live. Ready? Set? GO!

January-- Become a better wife.
February-- Become a better financial keeper.
March-- Become in better health.
April-- Become a better teacher.
May-- Become a better mother.
June-- Become a better gardener.
July-- Become a better builder.
August-- Become a better musician.
September-- Become a better cook.
October-- Become a better friend.
November-- Become a better organizer.
December-- Become a better Christian.

Welcome January!!

I have noticed since having McCoy, our lives have revolved around him. This sounds like the typical American family life, but it is not how I want my life to be represented-- by the children I have. I want my life to be revolved around more than that. I want my life to be defined by all the people I love-- most importantly and foremost, my husband. I want January to be devoted to becoming a better wife. This means, spending more time with just him, listening better to him, becoming intimate with him more, kissing him more often and telling him I love him more. My world needs to be about him first, and then celebrating the beautiful baby boy we made together. This might seem a little bit like a bad mother, but I feel that my marriage is the most important thing, and the babies are an extension of that. Believe me I LOVE my son, and I will do anything for him! But I also LOVE my husband and will do anything for him as well! I already show that I love McCoy on a daily basis, I don't want to leave Whit out of that either. I want our lives to be happy and McCoy will learn how important marriages are in life. So welcome, January. You will see me become a better wife.

2 comments:

  1. Go girl! I like finding new ways to achieve goals - I always think if I find a better way to organize them I won't forget. Hope this works for you! I can't wait to see you and your little one. Oh and Whit too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best thing you can do for your children is show them how to have a strong and happy marriage. Thanks for the reminder. I need to focus more on my husband, too.

    ReplyDelete