Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Three C's-- Crib vs. Cradle vs. Co-Sleep

The Crib--

We have only used it a couple of times for naps. Once I put McCoy in there, he wakes up and starts to cry. We have NOT tried it during the night yet. I told myself I was going to start putting him in there when we go to sleep at night and then if he wakes up to put him back in the cradle, but I haven't done that yet. It's too big! We like to use it as a clothes hamper anyways.



The Cradle--

Love this thing! Thank you to Angela for letting us have it. We like this because it's close to our bed, in our bedroom. I can keep a close watch over him if I should start to panic and want to check on him. I can hear him very well if he starts to "squeak" and get up to feed him. I love it because I can stick my foot out the covers and use it to rock him back to sleep. It's wonderful having him in our room. I can definatly wait to move him out.



The Co-Sleep--

I love this concept of being next to the ones I love during the night. I will have these spurts-- lots of co-sleeping and then periods where I will get up everytime to put him back in his cradle (again, no crib yet). Here's why I love it: I can sleep and still nurse at the same time. I get to be next to McCoy and watch over him to make sure he has a dreamed-filled night. The little guy makes me feel safe. Here's why I hate it: I get tired of sleeping with my arm in the certain position. And no, I am not afraid that I will roll over him! He is constantly a reminder that he is there.



The verdict--

I don't want to move him to his own bed, but I know I will have to enventually. So, instead of trying it out at the 2-month mark, maybe the 3-month mark??

1 comment:

  1. I like it when he co-sleeps with us because he hits me in his sleep. This way he lets me know he is next to me and not to roll over.

    ReplyDelete