Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas already?!

So, I was thinking back to how FRANTIC I was over the last month or so trying to get ready for Christmas. It was hard-- the baby made things more difficult. And I keep thinking to myself that I didn't even have work to worry about. I felt this years' Christmas presents were sparse, not very thoughtful and kind of rushed. I want to make certain that this year's (2010) Christmas presents are THOUGHT out and perhaps, homemade. So, even though I'm publishing this on my blog, I have a feeling most of you will forget by next December. I have a great habit of sitting at the computer and scrolling through every single blog I've posted. Maybe, I'll be the only one who goes back to this post by, let's say, November. This is a recipe for Homemade Minty Hot Fudge Sauce. Package it in mason jars (which I have a TON of and don't know what to do with)-- put it in a basket with an ice cream scoop, nuts and maraschino cherries. Viola! Instant, thoughtful gift.

Here's the recipe (in case I lose the page I just ripped out of the magazine)

Makes:
4 cups (12 servings) (HOLY MOLY! I'll have to quadrupile the recipe!! and then some!)
Prep: 10 minutes (nice!)
Cook:
10 minutes (even nicer!)

4 1/2 pint Mason jars
1 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup ligh-brown sugar
1 cup cocoa powder, sifted
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
6 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup creme de menthe (yea! I have that too!)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Heat cream in a heavy-bottomed medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat until bubbles form along edge. Lower heat to medium-low and sitr in sugars, cocoa powder, butter, chocolate and salt.

2. Continue to heat over medium-low heat, sitrring constantly, for about 10 minutes or ntil smooth. Remove from the heat and sitr in the creme de menthe and vanilla. Allow to cool. Pour into jars. Store in airtight jars in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. To serve, reheat gently. (SWEET! I can make this AHEAD of time! Awesome.)

Per serving: calories: 3.... nevermind!

Merry Christmas, everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment