Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

One Down, Five To Go

At the end of last year, I emailed my prinicpal and "demanded" more opportunities for programs. Last year, the programs were divided into two grade chunks-- K, 1, 2 in one program and 3, 4, 5 in another. I absoultely hated that! Too many kids, not enough speaking opportunities and not enough room on the risers. So, I came up with a solution-- divide the kids up more. I proposed several different program ideas, the first one was granted to me. It was divided into K (by themselves), 1-2, 3-4, and 5 (by themselves). So far, I am loving that idea! It is making my life easier, less teachers to worry about, and less kids. Less props, less costumes... etc. Every program performs twice in one day. One at 10:00 a.m. for the students and staff, and again at 1:00 p.m. for parents and family. So, if you count up all that I have left, I have five more. I thought I was almost done!

My Program Schedule:
Feb. 18-- one more at 1:00 p.m.
Mar. 11-- 3-4 Program "I Need a Vacation"
10:00 a.m.
1:00 p.m.
Apr. 22-- 5th Grade Program "Drummin' with Orff"
10:00 a.m.
1:00 p.m.

Oh and then there is the Elementary Music Festival on May 4 and 5th.... but that's not as big of a deal for me. This doesn't even include piano recitals or piano competitions or Rezound concerts.... there are many more where that came from!

And amongst all this busy-ness.... I want to make my life more complicated by taking piano lessons, and starting a family. I can handle it though, because what stays at work, stays at work. I usually don't stress over work when I'm at home. I just walk through the building and then I'm like, "OH MY GOSH, I HAVE A PROGRAM TODAY, ARG!!!" But when I'm at home, I just enjoying spending time with Whit and teaching piano lessons and watching TV and playing on the computer and the like.

So, one program down, five to go!

5 comments:

  1. Gosh, doesn't it feel great to be this busy?! I'm really proud of you Tenessa. You've worked hard to get to where you are. You're awesome! Hope all of your programs and performances are great! I'm sure they will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that was a lot of exclamation marks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why thank you, Suzie! Although, I don't think you can ever use enough exclamation marks!

    And yes, I'm very prepared for baby... let's just see what happens tomorrow morning... when I take a "you-know-what"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, I commented as Hans there. What I said was "Crossing fingers!"

    ReplyDelete