Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Much To Do

Here I sit, at my computer, while my first graders are watching a movie. I have things to do-- that's my justification for sticking in a video. I know that it is not quality teaching, but I have to get stuff done for my programs tomorrow (and one next week). And yet, here I sit, half writing a post on this blog site, half watching the movie I put in-- and the funny thing is, I'm not getting my stuff done. What was the point of that!? We had a rehearsal this morning and performed for the preschool kids. My Kindergarteners did fine. Of course, they have a lot going for them-- they are cute and they are five. It can't get much easier than that. No, they did okay. I'm happy, I just want that program to be over. In attempts to make each program "BIGGER AND BETTER" I decided to make a PowerPoint presentation of the lyrics and pictures to the songs we sing. This way, my Hispanic children's parents will be able to follow along better. I have about 80% of it done. But that program is tomorrow. So I figured I would do it today... while I show videoes. Am I a bad teacher for periodically let my kids watch a video? As long as my answer is no, then I guess I'm okay.

I need to get my applications out. I have a feeling that this is going to be another let down year. I need to keep my head on straight and my positive mind set. Otherwise nothing will happen. I just know that it would be perfect to teach-- let's say, Post! What I want for my future, it would work out so well to be there. I just hope that my personality comes out on the paper application and they want to see more. If not, I guess I'll just continue where I'm at. Job hunting really sucks and I need to get to my ideal job soon. Before I get burnt out.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the hunt. I really hope you get the post job. And don't worry about blogging when you have tons of other stuff to do. I do the same thing sometimes, and when I'm finished posting I feel SO much better, like I've let a load off my mind and I can finally concentrate on the task at hand. It's therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete