Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

My lovely husband just surprised me with a dozen pink roses on the counter! How wonderful! I know it's Valentine's Day and what better day to give flowers than today, but I haven't gotten flowers in a really long time. I think Whit saves his surprises for when I think I'm not going to get anything. Plus he is really good at saying he won't do something to make me think otherwsie.

It will be a Happy Valentine's Day for sure. We are going to play poker tonight with Jay and Priscilla (not what I would like to do, but it's alright, I guess.) I think they are having a BBQ also.

We actually went out to Olive Garden last night for a "pre-Valentine's Day" dinner. I think a lot of couples were doing that last night. Mom Martin gave us a gift card for Valentine's Day so we used that! How sweet of her!

Today I have to go "work" at the Multi-Piano function and then I have to play like six duets with my former teacher, Mickey and several students. It is a lot of fun, I just thought it came by too fast. I was supposed to practice! What happened!?

3 comments:

  1. Aw! I miss Mickey. Give her a hug for me. And happy Valentine's Day! Olive Garden sounds sooooo good...

    Remember when we went to the Mexican restaurant and I didn't know what to order and you told the waiter "Sorry, she lives in Japan. They don't have food there." Then we were at Michael's and I bought a bunch of paper and you told the cashier "She lives in Japan. They don't have paper there." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you survive in Japan without food or paper? My two favorite things!!! Hee hee!

    I am playing Sabre Dance with Mickey and I told her about your squatty car and how I think of that song everytime I saw you driving it down the street. She laughed and said hi. Wish we could play together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, yeah, it's been almost 2 years since I've sat down to learn something. We're hoping to get a keyboard when we move into the house (weeee!!!). My parents sold my squatty car to a friend when we left for Japan and it has since died. :( R.I.P., El Trapezoid.

    ReplyDelete