Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Working Mother

If you would have asked me three years ago, I would have told you that I was going to stay home with my children instead of working. I believed that it was stupid for a mother to have children and then stick them into daycare for 40+ hours a week-- seeing them less then their daycare providers. I am torn between a beautiful son and a career. I can honestly say that I love my job (even if it sounds as though I don't sometimes-- especially right now-- the stress!!). And we all know that I love McCoy more than my job, but I can't help feel that sometimes I'm a horrible mother because I'm a working one.

I have been super blessed with awesome daycare teachers, and a prinicpal that lets me go over to the CDC to feed McCoy on my lunch/plan. It does make it easier to make it through the day. I drop him off at 7:00 a.m. and get to see him at 11:30. Then I leave about 12:15 and pick him up at 3:40. But everyday, he falls asleep in the car ride home. I think it's because he doesn't sleep much during the day-- he is averaging about two 20-30 minutes naps. His teachers say he is nosy and doesn't want to miss out! (Sounds like his Momma!!!). But today, we stopped at Me-Ma's house for a short while. We got there about 4:00, ate dinner and played. Then I packed up our stuff and got into the car-- he feel asleep about 6:15 and has been asleep ever since. It's 9:00 pm now. Will he sleep through the night? I hope so, only because he needs a good nights' sleep. It's been awhile since he has had a good sleep. But am I a bad mother because I want him to sleep? No, he needs to feel refreshed and well-rested... right? Today, I saw my son for 3 1/2 hours. How is this parenting?

A working mother. Sigh.

On a good note, summer is 28 days away. So, to McCoy-- Momma and McCoy time is coming, dear son! You will be sick of me come August!!! :)

Click here to see a pooped McCoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment