Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Twice as Much, Half Less

Dear McCoy,

Today you are 6 months old. You are half way to becoming one year old. It's hard to believe that 6 months ago you were being born into this lovely world. You have been such a joy and a blessing to have around. You have taught me patience, kindness and most importantly, love. You have taught me to think of others first, and to quit being selfish. You are the sweetest baby around, barely ever crying or fussing. You can always make me laugh, with your little quirks and coquettish smiles. The way you kick your legs and move your arms when you are happy to see me makes my heart melt. You are always learning and always eager to explore the world around you. McCoy, you are almost on your way to crawling. It's amazing to watch you move to get where you want to go (at least, try to get where you want to go). You can move in a circle a dozen times, rolling over from back to front and back again.

You are so many things and you will become so many more. But looking back on this time with you, you are twice as much, and yet you are half less as well.

Your weight and length is twice as much as you were when you were born. You coo and babble twice as much. You roll over and play twice as much. You are twice as happy as you were before. You can sit and stand (supported) twice as much as last month alone. You can see things twice as far and your personality traits are twice as present. You are flirting twice as much, and laughing twice as much too.

But you are half as much also. You poop half as much as when you were first born. Unfortunately you have half as much hair as when you were born (grow back any day now!). You cry half as much and you sleep half as much (during the day). You have half as many clothing changes (thank goodness!) and you sleep in your cradle half as much as before (we are moving you to your big boy crib!).




McCoy, it is amazing how you can be so many things and yet be only 6 months old. I can't wait to see what the next day holds, what the next week brings, how the next month shows, and what the next 6 months will be like. I love you, dear son of mine. You are the center of my world.

Love,
Momma

2 comments:

  1. You made me cry! This is soooo beautiful, Tenessa. Big hugs and kisses for McCoy. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you and your accomplishments, but seems to be the most proudest is .. that sweet grandbaby of mine! Thank you for bringing him into our lives and I loved your blog to him! I love you!!! momma

    ReplyDelete