Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Pit

Yes, I'm referring to my car.

It's always been so dirty!  Not just the outside-- actually thankful for the rain we had on Sunday, the car is no longer dirty-dirty.  It's only partly dirty. :)

No, the inside.  It's horrid.  I claim I live out of my car.  And when I upgraded to a van this past summer, I vowed to keep this car clean!  My vow lasted all of five days.  And my excuse?  "Life happens."  "That's what you get when you have kid(s)."  "I am so busy."  "I don't want to use up my family time cleaning my car." BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!!

FlyLady.net says you should clean out your car every Friday.  Friday is desginated to refreshed up the car, check the car seats, throw away empty soda cans and fast-food cups, and to clean out your purse.  Luckily for me, I haven't been carrying a purse for a while.  My purse is my diaper bag (or vice versa).

Here are some tricks I have done (very inconsistantly):

  • Between the front two seats, using the hand rests, I have placed a Wal-mart/target bag to collect trash (Target bags are the best, they are thick!)
  • Throw away loose trash every time I fill up with gas
  • When going into a store or a building, throw some trash away
But right now I have in my car:
  • Some of McCoy's dirty clothes
  • at least two pairs of shoes (Mac)
  • TOYS!  Too many toys!  My kid doesn't even need a toy while riding in the car.
  • two cups from the KU Football game Whit and I went to in like November....
  • Valentine's day candy
  • receipts, receipts, receipts
  • a wintery coat
  • bed sheets
  • baby wipes... lots
  • notebooks
  • binders
  • paperwork
  • programs from various piano stuff
  • water bottles 
It's just plain pitted out.  I need to invest an afternoon and get it cleaned!  So, this month is dedicated to cleaning out my car and KEEPING IT THAT WAY!  And no, I'm not going to wait until March 31 to clean it out.  I'm going to do it soon.  Check back as I hope to have before and after pictures of The Pit.

No comments:

Post a Comment