Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

40 Bags in 40 Days-- Day 1

One of my Facebook friends shared a Lent challenge called "40 Bags in 40 Days".  The idea behind is very basic.  You fill up 40 bags of trash or charitable items in 40 days.  It is supposed to be from Ash Wednesday to Easter Sunday.  You can choose the sizes of your bags-- I'm not really sure that's really the purpose. The main idea is to rid your house of clutter and trash and things you don't love or use.  

Yesterday, the appraiser came so I took half the day off.  Let me remind you the house has been cleaned before she came-- but now is the perfect time to de-clutter!  Because the house is so clean, it's easy to make the progress.  I simply clean out what I'm supposed to and it's magically still nice looking!  So, now the bathroom looks great inside the cabinets and out!  I think I'm going to paint in there this Spring Break as well.

Here is a little bit about the bathroom.  I guess I'm sharing my personal stuff too, but oh well!  We're all girls!

My drawer that I keep my hair stuff in, toothbrush/toothpaste and miscellaneous stuff... 

<---- Before

I put in two baskets.  The first (yellow) is for my hair stuff (pony-tail holders, brushes, combs)
The second (blue) is make up, tootbrush/toothpaste and contact cases.
<----   After  



Under the sink in the hallway bathroom.
<---- Before
<----   After  


The bottom drawer.  Lots of panty liners that McCoy likes to 
take out and scatter throughout the house.
<---- Before
<----   After  


In addition to the hallway bathroom, I also cleaned under the kitchen sink, cleared off the hallway linen closet's floor, got rid of some pool floaties, and cleaned out the piano bench.
I have before pictures to add, but didn't get around to taking the after, so I'll post those for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment