Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

Every Second Counts, Every Minute Matters, Every Hour is Important

This is NO WAY, shape or form against what my mother and I talked about when I got home from Rezound tonight. I promise, Momma. I'm not mad or sad or angry about our conversation-- it just made me think about time.

Time is so funny. I have been accused before (not just by my mommy) that I spend my time in an un-prioritized way. So, I want to prove to myself that I actually do more than just play on the computer, blog, take pictures, watch tv or eat. I want to prove to myself that I'm doing what I say I'm doing. Every second counts, every minute matters, every hour is important. How can I say that I don't have time  to do something that is necessary for my family or the up-keep of my household.  I don't have time to do the dishes; I don't have time to clean the floors; I don't have time  to mop the kitchen floor; I don't have time to run to the bank, or fold the laundry or, or, or.  The list will go on.

I have done this assignment before.  I did it once for a class (now I can't remember which one).  I know that Dr. Johnson was our teacher and for one week, we were to record EVERYTHING we did.  This was to prove that people say they too busy to get stuff done and they don't have time for anything.  This was to prove that they have the same 24 hours as the rest of us.  So, maybe it's time that I re-visit this little assignment.  I will get myself a little notebook (don't worry, Whit, I will use one I already have.  There is no need to buy a fresh one, although I'd like to!) and I will record what I'm doing for every 15 minutes of a week (let's try for the rest of the work week-- maybe I can remember what I did today, but we'll just start tonight). This is to prove what?  That I really am busy?  Or that I really don't have the time to the necessary stuff I need to?  Or to prove to myself that I need to re-visit the way I spend my time?  I think we shall find out!

(Just a little side note-- don't you think it's funny that I'm excited about giving myself a homework assignment?  I think someone  is ready to go back to schhoooooooolllll!!!) :)

Now, should I post every night?  Or wait until next week and post the entire thing?  Let's try every night... I think that will hold me more accountable.

Again, I want to stress that my mom loves me and that she is not scolding or yelling at me about time... I love my mother and I think she knows exactly what I need, when I need it.  Thank you, Mother!

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is going to be good . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. remember, life is too short to not take time to smell the flowers too! I do love you and I want you to not be "stressed" about things...
    I will meet your challenge and do the same thing... of course i don't work... i don't teach piano, and I don't have a new baby! Let the homework assignment begin.

    ReplyDelete