Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Baby Food

So far, we've had:

Cereal
Oatmeal
Sweet Potatoes
Avocado
Green Beans
Bananas
Carrots
Acorn Squash

I've also tried mixing several things together.  Of course, I've added cereal to almost anything that appeared too runny.  But I've also done:
Avocado and Bananas
Acorn Squash and Sweet Potatoes

I plan on trying:
Apple and Pear with Cinnamon
Trio of Root Vegetables (sweet potato, carrots, parsnip)
Butternut squash with orange juice
Sweet Potato and Broccoli
Mango and Bananas
Prunes!

This afternoon, I bought five apples and five pears.  I plan on introducing those fruits in the next couple of weeks.  Then the fun really begins!  I can start adding fruit to almost everything.  I can't wait to use more recipes from "Top 100 Baby Purees" by Annabel Karmel.  They look like so much fun!

Here are a few that I can't wait to make (during the summertime when I have a little more time):
Rutabaga, Carrot, and Peas
See-In-The-Dark Puree (onion, carrots, chicken stock and orange juice)
Potato, Summer Squash and Peas
Cinderella's Pumpkin (with leek, chicken stock)
Sweet Potato with spinach and peas
Chicken with sweet potato and apple
several fruit purees (ex. banana with apples, cantaloupe and strawberry, banana, avocado and yogurt, banana and tofu (I know!), mango and yogurt, banana and pear)
Peach and banana
Apple, strawberry and peach
Easy One Pot Chicken (with leek, chicken breast, carrot, sweet potato, chicken stock)
Tomato, cauliflower, and carrot with basil

The list goes on and on.  I just love cooking for my baby.  It's so much fun!!

1 comment:

  1. Hee hee . . . wait 'til he tries something he really doesn't like. It'll take him a little while to trust you again. :) I remember the first time I gave Hannah a mixed baby food - it was chicken and rice soup, and it had onions in it. She took a bite of it and immediately gave me this look of utter betrayal, like "Why would you put such crap in my mouth?" She was done eating for the day after that.

    ReplyDelete