Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Crock Pot Freezer Meal.....

Here is a successful story about my crock pot freezer meal.  I made this one on the same night I made all the others.  It's called Slow Cooker Veggie-Beef Soup with Okra.  

INGREDIENTS

    • 1 pound ground beef
    • 1/4 cup onion, chopped
    • 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
    • 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian diced tomatoes, drained
    • 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
    • 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen okra
    • 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
    • 1 tablespoon ketchup
    • salt and pepper to taste

Drag groups or instructions to sort

INSTRUCTIONS

    1. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef and onion until beef is evenly brown and onion is tender. Drain grease.
    2. In a slow cooker, mix the beef and onion, diced tomatoes, Italian diced tomatoes, vegetables, okra, potatoes, ketchup, salt, and pepper. Pour in enough water to cover.
    3. Cover slow cooker, and cook 4 hours on Low.
  • I didn't have the Italian diced tomatoes (overlooked that one on the list!) so I added in Meatloaf sauce.  The end product was good, but a little too ketchupy for my taste.  McCoy and Whit ate it with no complaints though.  It tasted especially good with potato chips and sour cream. :)

I added all the ingredients to a gallon sized freezer bag (AFTER I browned the hamburger) and put it in the freezer.  Then I threw the whole thing in the crock pot in the morning.  I had Whit turn it on Low about 7 am and then he got home before me and turned it to warm about 4 pm. 

All in all, I give it 3 stars.  It was disgusting like my chicken last week, but it was pretty tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment