Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Lasik

Well, I did it, folks!  I got Lasik eye surgery on Saturday!  Mega-thanks to everyone for your well-wishes and help.  Whit, Mom and Colette came with me and they were very supportive.  And also I got lots of extra cash to go toward my surgery!  Yay!

So, some of you have been asking how it was.... it was weird!  I went in that day and they gave me some valium (hee hee).  I am very glad I took that!  Otherwise, you know me, I would be bouncing off the walls!  They gave me some drops to numb my eyes and then from there, I just followed the doctor's directions.  "Look at the blinking red light"... "Raise your chin up just a bit".... "Okay, Tenessa, your vision is going to disappear right about now, it's probably black".... "okay, we are almost done with your right eye".... "Look at the blinking red light.  It should start to come into focus".... "Tenessa, now I'm going to cover your right eye and start on your left eye".... "Look at the blinking red light"..... and my favorite.... "Okay, Tenessa, you are all done!  How are you doing?  Can you see!?"  YESS!!!  I can!  Weird.

Whit filmed the whole thing.  It took about 9 minutes total, for both eyes.   IF and only IF you want to watch it, here it is.  But I didn't make you watch it!!!!!



:)  Happy Birthday to me!

Before my surgery!  Peace-out glasses!

Glasses free forever!

McCoy wearing my cool goggles that I have to wear at night.

Dad made my birthday cake!

New eyes for my birthday!

Giving my old glasses to someone in need.  See-ya glasses!!


1 comment:

  1. i made it through about 2 min! yuck! super cool though! i love whits little commentary :)

    ReplyDelete