Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Pumpkin Soup

Yes, I'm having a blast cooking for my baby!  I love to create new and fun foods while we are experiencing this "flavor explosion"!  So far, my little McCoy has not tasted anything he didn't like.  He likes it all.  As long as it starts with "f" and ends with "d" and has too "o"'s in the middle-- he is all for it!  And he just can't get enough!

Here is a fun recipe that incorporates pumpkin.

Pumpkin Soup
one 15-oz can pumpkin puree
1 cup cooked white or brown rice (I used brown rice)
1/4 tsp pepper.


1. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the pumpkin, 4 cups water, rice, and pepper.  Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce the heat to medium-low.  Simmer until the rice is very soft, about 20 minutes.
2. Let cool slightly, then puree in batches in a food processor or blender until smooth.  Check the temperature before serving.
3. To store, refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or spoon into ice-cube trays or other freezer containers and freeze for up to 6 months.


Yummy!  McCoy loves to eat.  And I love to cook.  I'm telling you, we are a perfect pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment