Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Camping

We are getting ready to go camping in a couple of weeks.  I'm super excited.  We are going to Branson for a little weekend getaway-- nothing spectacular but it will be loads of fun.

We plan on going to Silver Dollar City.  At this time of the year, they are having the "World Fest" which I haven't been to in almost ten years.  The last time I went to World Fest I was in high school, it might even be longer than that.  I love World Fest because the music is phenomenal.  I love watching the dancers and instrumentalists from different countries play and share their culture.

I'm also excited because we are staying in one of the new cabins at Treasure Lake Resort, in which we are members.  The cabin is a bit costly, but considering what you get, it's down-right cheap!  We opted for the bigger one-bedroom cabin since it has a much bigger kitchen.  It has a refrigerator, microwave, stove and all the dishes.  This means, we can save a bit of money by eating our meals in the cabin, rather than out.  This is a new experience for me, since we usually camp beside my parents.  They plan all the food and we eat it all!  So, this time, I have to plan our own meals.  No problem, since I'm getting very good at planning meals (when Whit is home).  This cabin also has a nice deck on it with a grill and everything!

Our menu is as follows:
Friday night-- eating on the way, sandwich fixings
Saturday breakfast-- french toast, fruit
Saturday lunch-- sloppy joes, pea & carrots
Saturday dinner-- Hobo dinners (hee hee)
Sunday breakfast-- waffles (homemade recipe from my mother....)
Sunday lunch-- AT SDC
Sunday dinner-- Chicken & Dumplings from the slow cooker, fruit
Monday breakfast-- left over waffles
Monday lunch-- sandwiches
Monday dinner-- HOME :)

Whit has been working a lot lately.  That's is sooooo great when it comes to our budget and bills, but not so great when it comes to our family.  This vacation is short but it will be nice to spend these days with Whit and McCoy.  I'm excited for McCoy to get to play outside and for us to roast marshmallows and stay up late, talking on the porch.  I'm so ready for a break with my family.

Speaking of break... 32 more school days!

No comments:

Post a Comment