Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Playing alone

I never thought I would be happy about this, but my kid can play all by himself and can entertain himself for a good amount of time.

This morning, McCoy slid off our bed (a big bed, by the way) and walked into the living room.  We have been shutting the gate before we go to bed for this reason.  He played with his toys-- first walking over to his drum and playing it for a little while.  Then he brought one of his trains into our room and shared it with us.  He then moseyed on out and played with some other things.  We were both awake and listening carefully for unrelated toy sounds.  He came back in our room and grabbed a box of tissues (which I didn't know about at the time).  He went back to the living room, and things got quiet.  Very quiet.  So, I got out of bed and checked what he was doing.  He was starting to pull all the tissues out of the box.  I just chuckled a little bit and sat on the ground, using one of the tissues to blow my nose.  Politely, McCoy took another tissue out of the box and came over to me and wiped my nose.  What a sweet, polite little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment