Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

HotSpots

I have FlyLady to thank again for this term.  HotSpots are places that collect crap.  No matter how much you clean, it's always dirty.  Unfortunately for me, I have like twenty.  I'm going to try and list them here.

  • Kitchen counters
  • Snack bar
  • Kitchen table
  • Couches
  • Stairs
  • Rocking chair in my bedroom
  • Dresser
  • Piano bench and top of the piano
That's a lot of HotSpots.  I will need to get rid of all the clutter first so that I can concentrate on keeping them clean and clear for the month of January (and hopefully the whole year-- if the plan works.)  And because I don't work well under pressure, I'm going to chose two HotSpots a day to clean them up.  It's really important that once they are clean, they stay clean.  Perhaps, I should start with the one that is less likely to continue being dirty-- like the stairs.  My worse area is the kitchen counters, snack bar and kitchen table.  Those things just can't stay clean.  Well, I'm sure with intention, they could stay clean. 

Again, another list-- call me the List-Making-Queen!!  (And apparently I'm also the queen of the ----- dash.)
Jan. 1-- Kitchen table and couches
Jan. 2-- Kitchen counters and rocking chair
Jan. 3-- Dresser and stairs
Jan, 4-- Piano area and snack bar

I'll tell you what, I'll cross them off when I complete it.  And just for some accountability, I'll also put the REAL date next to it. Haha!

And as I type this post, McCoy is taking ALL the paper out of the recycling bin.  Yup.

No comments:

Post a Comment