Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Spaetzle, Ham and Mushrooms & Balsamic Chicken Breasts

Tomorrow's dinner plan--

"For a mouth watering casserole, combine cooked Spaetzle with sauteed quartered mushrooms, onions, and diced ham in a baking dish. Top with bread rumbs moisentened in melted butter. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 30 minutes."

Cleaning out my pantry and found only three things to throw away. Not bad. I have bread crumbs that will officially expire in December 2009, but this recipe calls for bread crumbs. How perfect can that get! I have canned mushrooms, but I think I might stop by the grocery store tomorrow afternoon and pick up some fresh. I know fresh mushrooms taste better than canned.

Whit gave tonight's dinner 4 out of 5 stars... Balsmic chicken with rice and garden fresh green beans. I will update this post with the recipe that I got out of HEALTHY COOKING magazine by Taste of Home. I cooked healthy! :)

balsamic chicken breats
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. salt
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 oz. each)
1 Tbsp. canola oil
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/8 tsp. dried rosemary, crushed

1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, pepper and salt. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
2. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
3. In the same pan, cook onion until tender. Add water, stirring to loosen browned bits. Ad the vinegar, thyme and rosemary; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve with chicken.




My organized pantry:

2 comments:

  1. Go you! Your pantry is so pristine. And your dinner looks phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you! I have about 10 cans of Spagehitto's! And they are all stacked on top of each other with labels pointing out. OCD??

    ReplyDelete