Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Co-Sleeping Can Be Tricky

About a month ago, we took the crib out of McCoy's bedroom and switched it with the twin bed.  We decided not to completely take the crib apart and put it in storage, just in case (and no! I'm not pregnant!!). We did this over Thanksgiving break.  He got a new comforter set (Cars) and new pillows and everything.  He really did enjoy it.



But we still can fall asleep in our own bed.  He has to be with me in order to fall asleep.  Breastfeeding has led him to feel the need to feel his "boo-dies" every night.  It has become his security blanket.  So, McCoy falls asleep in our bed, then we move him over to his bed.  About 4 am, he always comes crawling back!  Unless, of course, I don't actually move him to his own bed to begin with. :)

Most nights, our co-sleeping is fine.  It's often snug, (since we have a queen bed), but it's not unbearable.  I've learned to sleep well with my little sliver of bed, while McCoy enjoys the middle portion of the bed.  Last night, though, was not as grand.  He woke up several times out of a dead sleep yelling things that he must have been dreaming about.  Here are a few conversations from last night:

McCoy: "I want more trounds."
Me: "Trounds?  Do you mean more crayons?"
McCoy: "Yes, mommy.  More trounds."
Me: "What are you going to do with your crayons?"
McCoy..... no answer.  He fell back asleep.

**Several hours later**

McCoy: "More juice, please."
Me: "Here you go, McCoy."
McCoy: "Neigh-nu, Mommy"
Me: "You're welcome."

**An hour or so later**

McCoy: "I want boo-dies!"
Me... shifting...
McCoy.... asleep again in seconds.

**An hour or so later**

McCoy: (out of a DEAD sleep!)  "I WANT IPAD!  MY IPAD!  IPAD!!!"
Me: "Shhhh, go back to sleep.  We can play with it tomorrow."
McCoy: (SCREAMING NOW): "NOOOOOOO!  MY IPAD!"
(Me getting up to pee)
McCoy still Screaming!!!

Finally, he goes back to sleep only because he is laying on my chest and I am rubbing my hands through his hair.  It was not a good night.

But, nevertheless, I love my little McCoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment