Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

The End of the Year is Hard

Especially when you are having your second day of dieting.

The kids bring you chocolate and food and presents.  And it's all so good!  One kid brought me a KING SIZE Hershey bar.  I'm a sucker for Hershey's bars!  Nothing beats that creamy, pure, sweet chocolate taste.  It is so lovely.  But weaning myself, I only took three squares from it.  That's a pretty good step since I could polish off that whole bar in a day.  And I would have.  It would have been chocolate for breakfast, chocolate for a mid-morning snack, and of course, chocolate for lunch and the rest of it after the kiddos left in the afternoon.  I'm serious.  That's way too much chocolate to even consume on a weekly basis!!!

Last night I cooked up some butternut squash ravioli.  It was pre-packaged frozen ravioli, but I added the sauce.  I melted butter and put fresh sage in the skillet to cook that.  (Bonus: The sage was organic and it was on a "manager's special".  $.49 for the whole package!).  I decided that the butter sauce was not very healthy and added in peas and match-stick carrots.  Satuteed those puppies up and added a cup of water.  Then I added the cooked pasta and served it up.  It was really good, although I think I will add less sage next time.  It was really potent!  Unfortunately McCoy didn't care for it too much, but we think  he wasn't feeling well last night.

Even though I'm making some changes to my life (for weight and appearance purposes), I haven't weighed myself yet.  I plan to though and I will keep a running tally of how much I loose, if anything.  I'm going camping tomorrow for a week and a half and am not sure how much I'm going to be able to control when I'm there.  My dad is there now, and he said he and I can go walking, with the Mac Attack in tow.  So, I'll have to bring my tennies!!

Oh and by the way, I haven't had a Dr. Pepper since Tuesday!  One small step, but it's a step.  Every time I want a drink, I just take a drink of *yucky* water instead.  How tasteless water is!

3 comments:

  1. I love that you said "tennies." ;) Good going on the chocolate and Dr. Pepper. You could try adding lemon or lime to your yucky water . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love raspberry lemonade crystal light packets in water too. yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. water is divine---i add one of those crystal light "pure" packets if I need an extra boost :) Water will become more appealing soon i'm sure! I've found that when I go through a period of not drinking enough-after my first glass I can't get enough of it! I have to keep drinking more the next day etc...
    Good for you, Tenessa!

    ReplyDelete