Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Composting

I love to search new sites.  It seems like I spend countless hours on the internet seeking ways to become more frugal or eat more healthy or ways to use my endless supply of fresh veggies from the garden.  I came across this website yesterday The Frugal Girl and began to search her website.  It took me a while to search out all the different "stuff" on her website.  It looks like she is doing photography 365 too!  (Oh yeah, I've pretty much stopped because I don't have lightroom anymore... boo).  Anyways, I saw that she made a compost pile out of a Rubbermaid tote.  Well, I can do that!  So, in about 15 minutes, I made one!!

Here's what you need:
A drill
A drill bit (I had Whit put on the largest one he had)
A rubbermaid tote
A lid to the rubbermaid tote












Next you will need to drill holes in the top, sides and bottom.





Last, just place it where you want it.  I put ours in our garden where we didn't have any vegetables planted.  This way if it leaked, it would go right into the soil.








No comments:

Post a Comment