Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Baby's Room

Last night, Mom came over to help with some finishing touches on the baby's room walls. We still have more to do, but it started to really look like a room. We hung up the wall hanging that we made over the summer, hung up these CUTE little boxes and the three pictures I found at Jo-Ann's. Mom is going to make some shelves (four of them) and I still want to make vinyl letters of his name using the cricut. That, of course, can't be done until I figure out what we are going to name him!! When I'm on maternity leave, I'm going to come to Mom's painting class and make a sign for above his door. I can't decide what it should say though: "Boys Rhyme with Noise!" or "Boy... a Noise with Dirt On It!" or "Frogs and snails, and puppy dog tails" or "Boy... automatic sprinkler". I like the first and second one, but the other make me smile too.

I washed one load of baby clothes- mostly 0-6 months sizes. His closet is clean, changing table ready to go, the crib is currently filled with misc items from my first shower. I still have several thank you cards to write. I got a curtain rod from my aunt Laura that has DARLING trucks on the ends. She got it from Pottery Barn Kids! That will be the ONLY thing that child owns from Pottery Barn! :) Here is a link. Yeah, I know. Expensive! But so darling.

Things I still have to do: recover the glider (probably not until next month), wash more clothes, put on the drawer knobs, clean out the crib, fix the cradle, stain the nightside table, put a light bulb in the lamp, make shelves and paint them, re-paint the bookcase (maybe), and wait for the baby to come out! I still have a lot to do, but what doesn't get done will be okay. Afterall, he is not going to know what it's supposed to be like anyways. Not for awhile at least. But I think this whole process is more for the parents anyways. I like having everything in its place, ready to go for him. I'm sure he will appreciate my efforts.

2 comments:

  1. So exciting!!! I wish I were there to help you and MAKE YOU PUT YOUR FEET UP!! Good grief! Don't wear yourself out before he gets here. By the way, is there a name to attach to this lil' guy yet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there is a name... finally! But, I have been sworn to secrecy. :)

    ReplyDelete